Sunday 17 August 2014

summer....

That's what my creation today represents (to me anyways)
The theme over at Simon says stamp http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
This week is summer. Well to me when I think about summer I think about these colours. Even when buying summer clothes for the little chloe monster , these seem to be the colours I choose, especially big bold prints in these colours :) 
Over at the fusion card challenge http://www.fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk


 
The challenge is only these colours :) or the sketch ( or both) but today I've just gone with the colours.
I still have no laptop, apart from 2 broken ones :( however I have just realised that my iphone takes far better pics of my cards than the ipad does, so think il be ok with the pics for a while now :)
Here is my summer creation.

I've had this jar of buttons and straws on my desk since the beginning of summer to try and get myself in the summer mood ha!




 The card was quite simple to make. I used a few die cuts from K & co berry sweet collection.
I bought tons of that collection a few years ago and it's all still sitting there in a large 12x 12 tin. Iam determined to start using some of my stashed stash ha! I really have to start using it else I just can't justify buying more. Speaking of which I have just subscribed to the Simon says stamp monthly card  kit, I've never bothered with card kits before, but I decided that it would be good to have something nice drop through my door once a month, plus I may get to try products that I wouldn't normally choose, so quite looking forward to playing with those :)
Tfl
Shaz xxx


 


 

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love those layered glittery blooms ... so very glad you linked-up with us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Shaz :-) I love the colourful sparkly flowers,, fabulous colours and design,,LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Lynn said...

Oh swoon...these layered flowers are fabulous. And I'm right there with you...these colors shout summer to me too. So glad you could play along with us at Fusion Shaz!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh what a fun use of a paper straw on your card! So very summery : ) Thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge Shaz!

Laura S said...

Lovely card. The colors are beautiful.