Wednesday 31 March 2010

A Recipe Book

Sorry that i haven't added anything in the past week, but i haven't felt so good...but now i'm back to play...lol
I'm getting quite 'Fed up' of making cards...LOL ...I just have soooooo many!! That would be a good thing if you sell them...but i don't, so now i have piles and piles of cards mounting up! So for a while i think i shall go back to creating 'things' as aspposed to just cards :)
My 1st 'Thing' is a Recipe book that i have made as a gift.
I used the Sketch from JUST MAGNOLIA

I WAS gonna decorate all the inside pages...BUT then i decided not too...and let the recipient do that instead...that way she can decorate to co-ordinate with whichever recipes she puts in there :)
I'm also gonna make myself one of these and have it all decorate up inside!

Don't these 2 just look cute together? I don't normall 'DO' the whole masking thing....however i do think that the magnolia images are ideal for this...so maybe i'l start doing more masking.
Hmmm...I wonder which one of these 2 dropped the egg??? LOL

I left the back plain so as when 'she' finishes the book she can add her own details ect to the back :)
This recipe book also fits with the following challenges
CUTE CARD THURSDAY - DIMENSION
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY - OPEN THEME
SIMON SAYS STAMP - DISTRESSING
STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY - FLOWER POWER
STAMP SOMETHING - DOODLE SOMETHING

Supplies used :
Paper - Magnolia and Prima and Basic grey
Image stamps- Manolia
Bling flourishes- Prima *I think*
Flowers & Ribbons from stash
Image coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink pads
All distressing done using Vintage photo

TFL
Shaz xxx

11 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous make. I love it. x

Liz said...

That is just so sweet lovely work

Liz x

Berni said...

Fab creation, just love it.
Berni

Margaret, said...

Lovely Shaz lot of work gone in to it
Margaret

Sally H said...

Great work, Shaz and so useful too!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fantastic card! Love the shape and the fun papers. Great job with the image and details too. Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something and Just Magnolia this week, hope to see you back again! :)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

How fun is this?! I would love to get this as a gift! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Paula said...

What a fun recipe book...love the Magnolias and the shape of this book! Great take on this weeks challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Carolyn said...

What a fantastic card. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining in Shaz at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Jill said...

wow wow wow Shaz your recipe book is absolutely stunning, I love the magnolia images you've used and your colouring is superb happy easter thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous creations, beautiful work.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby