...Something a little different for the Sir Stampalot Challenge who want Blossoms & butterflies and the Shabby tea room challenge who want polka dots or tea party
..I think that i've said a few times before that i'm 'Fed up' with making cards :( They just serve no purpose for me...and just end up filling lots of boxes :( So I'm trying to create 'things' as apposed to cards. 'Things' that i can just display...keep forever...and so on...
This 1st project...Nothing i have ever created has taken as long as this to do...lol...I decided to alter a book :)
This really is an actual 'crappy might i add...lol' book! Why did it take so long???
...What took so long was getting all the pages stuck together and sealed! I actually started doing this a couple of weeks ago...lol ..getting the pages together. I've used sooo much mod podge (and Ooh that stuff stinks...lol)
...So then i had to cut out a section of the pages...which then lifted all the pages in places...so more mod podge was needed....then i decided to paint one side cream...so i did, then i mod podged over that...then i didn't want it cream...i wanted it pink, so painted it pink..when that was dry, i mod podged over that. Then....i decided that i didn't want it pink after all...i wanted it covering with paper...lol So once i had the paper stuck down, i mod podged over that to seal it all...left it to dry...once it was dry only then could i actually make a start...lol
I had NO idea what i was gonna be doing with this when i started, and the fact that i created something different ..something that was created just for creating sake it felt really good to do :) I really ,really enjoyed making it. I know it prob won't be a lot of peeps cup of tea....not even sure if it's mine...but i really enjoyed making it and that's what it's all about isn't it! :)
Ya know ...I've had this butterfly /fairy stamp for yonk..maybe 1-2 years now and i have never used it on any creation!!...(That's bad isn't it...lol) I think i need some more of these collage - ie - wotsit stamps...hmmm and maybe some alcohol ink to mess about with :) I applied sepia glossy accents over the wording, and coloured her wings with sakura pens,
The butterflies are a mixture of martha stewart ounch and K & co
...and i got to use me other holtzy die :)..(That's the fastner type thingies :) ...I've alos found something else that i just LOVE....grunge board :) (Yeah...i know..I'm a bit behind the times with that one)...but i have never bought any as i found it to be a bit pricey...didn't see the point...blah blah...but when me sis came down she gave me a couple of sheets of the board and the paper :) It's been sat in me 'Alterables drawer' ever since. That was until today :) When i decided to use it to cut these out with! Oh my!!..I Loves it :) Just how bendy is that stuff...how fab does it emboss....how great is it for taking the distress inks..haha...I could just go on and on bout it...but i won't...lol
...and that my friends is me altered book.There was lots of pricking, liquid pearls, metal flowers,glass flowers and of course paper flowers. I made the 2 large ones myself. (If you want to know how to make them and haven't yet seen my tutorial on them, you will find it in my side bar)
All in all i'm really pleased how it turned out as IRL it does look pretty, and i had fun creating it (Got covered in distress ink and mod podge quite a bit though...lol)
While i was at it i also created this tray for Sir Stampalots Challege
..I didn't 'actually make the wooden tray... lol! I just altered a blank wooden tray.
I used basic grey rubons all around the sides and inside of the tray (They work fab on wood)
Then i mod podged all of it to seal it.Added a little bling and some K & Co chipboard butterflies and then it was finished. :)