Monday 21 March 2011

Pretty…Pretty…pretty….

I do so love pretty…:)
I saw that my time made easy has now started  a challenge blog:) I do love Lauren’s templates, i’m just ‘lazy’ when it comes to all the cutting etc..lol I know that i have me cricut expression(which i never use) I did have the 1st version of sure cuts…hmph..until provocraft did another update to machine which made the sure cuts not work :( So since then i haven’t really used it, i have loads of lovely carts i just find it too time consuming…lol I’d rather just cut sumats with me cuttlebug! Anyhows when i saw yesterday what the colour challenge was, IVORY,LIGHT PINK,LIGHT GREEN & RED i simply had to join in with the challenge as it’s me fave colour combo *apart from the red bit…lol, i don’t usually throw the red in there* A couple of weeks ago i saw a lovely bird cage that Debbie had created using one of Lauren’s new templates. I really did love the look of the template, but there was no way i was gonna sit cutting that lot out…lol So because i wanted to join in with their challenge and because i loved the cage i decided to buy sure cuts 2 so as i could by the template and then get the cricut to do all the cutting for me…hehehe! So i’ve actually used me cricut! *Can’t remember the last time i used it..6mths/12mths…sumats like that…lol I have taken the pics in me kitchen and it is very bright in there today. I started out creating this with Mother’s day in mind…but now that i’ve finished it , i think it’s too pretty to part with and think it needs a place in me craft room instead…haha I also created a card to go with * I’l just give her the card* hehe

I managed to ‘throw’ a bit of red in there without too much trouble…lol The SHABBY TEA ROOM challenge is ‘bingo’….no not the game, you have to choose 3 in a row..or if ya brave all 9! Pop over there to see what i mean. I’ve actually used 7! The only ones that i haven’t used are buttons and brads ! *I can’t believe that i haven’t used any buttons…lol* Many thanks to they shabby tea room girlies for selecting my entry for last weeks challenge as one of the ‘hounarable metion cups of tea :)*
Over at LETS CRAFT AND CREATE their theme is ‘Mum’s the word’ so you are to create something for a mum/special lady etc. So hope this counts as i did THINK about creating something for mothers day when i started this, but i just love it too much to give it away :) …and as they say…It’s the thought that counts…hehe! It will just look pretty in me craft room, think i might fill it with flowers or lace :)
TFL
Shaz x
Edited to add : Oohps forgot to say what products i used...lol
Bird carg cut file - My time made easy
Trims- bazil (apart from lace which is very old ,vintage stuff from me stash)
organza ribbon,tulle, chipboard doves from stash
loads of liquid pearls *love this stuff*
Flowers drom stash (The large pink one is from some that i have left over from me wedding)
Chipboard swirly thing,inked pink and smothered in blingy stuff :)
The pin type things i made myself using bits out of my jewellrey making stash.
Butterfly stamp & die - PTI
Sentiment - MFT

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, girlfriend! I just had to pick myself up off the floor. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! I am tickled that the birdcage I created last month inspired you and I do believe your rendition is even prettier -- I {heart} all that pink! Just an absolute gorgeous creation that you should be so proud of and your mom will LOVE! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Kezzy said...

Oh wow this is absolutely gorgeous, I can understand why you want to keep it to yourself is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

That bird cage is simply stunning!WOW!!! And the card is so adorable!
You make me want to try one of these bird cages :-)Thanks for joining us this week in The Shabby Tea Room!

Di said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I've scrolled back and forwards gazing at this posting for what seems like ages! Just totally scrummy, pretty, lovely and all the other superlatives!! Di x

Dazie said...

Such beautiful makes!
Dazie
x

Mandy said...

Well I can certainly see why you don't want to let it go....absolutely stunning Shaz! Where do I begin, so many beautiful embellishments, so many beautiful ribbons......etc etc Truly a piece of fine art G O R G E O U S !!

Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create.

Mandy
x

Monique said...

Oh my loveliness.... this is simply gorgeous.. So elegant... Love every last detail.. great work :)

Unknown said...

OOOOh my! STUNNING!So beautiful, so wonderful! That bird cage is adorable!!! Lada XXX

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my word this is STUNNING! I just love how feminine it is and all the shiny dots on the cage! Love all the elements you've added as well! Thanks for playing the Pretty Palette color challenge! So glad you were inspired to break out that Cricut once again!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! So beautiful! Love all the pretty embellishments! I can really tell you put a lot of love into this project!

Melissa Bove said...

OMG! This is GORGEOUS!! Stunning work! That bird cage is fabulous!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW! This is just jaw dropping! I love all your details, like the textured cardstock, emossing...everything!

Марина said...

Love your bird cage. I want to create this one to myself.

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful. It's so soft and girlie... I want one!! Thanks for playing this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

Trees said...

WOW! That birdcage turned out A-MAZING! Love love love it. All the embellishments and details make it such eye candy. The card that goes along with it is gorgeous too.

Trees said...

Oh yes, Thanks for joining us in the Shabby Tea Room.

Pattie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your win at The Tea Room too!