Friday 18 March 2011

There’s a ‘Birthday Bash’…..

….going on over at the Shabby Tea Room Challenge Blog

It’s their 1st Birthday!…..has it really been a year??? Geees, where has the time gone? I’ve loved their challenge blog right from the start, and whenever i get the chance i always play along. This week i couldn’t possibly not join in when they are celebrating their 1st Birthday. This is the pic on there blog this week

shabby

…and the challenge…design a card, banner and/or gift with a birthday or celebration theme. When i look at the pic i am just immediately drawn to the colours, pink and orange! I’ve only ever done this colour combo a cpl of times, but after playing today i love this colour combo…lol My creations for the tea room this week are very different to my norm…lol  While i was ‘on the hunt’ lol for all items pti or similar products i came across 2 new (they are to me) companies and i simply HAD to get some of their goodies. They arrived today :) Sooooo pleased as i was waiting on this banner set for this challenge. To me i just wanted to pink and orange and banners, i was originally gonna create a banner, but when the new goodies arrived this morning how could i NOT use them. I remember the other day on one of me posts when i spoke about the stamping and how i now needed more coloured inkpads..(Iam SUCH a dingbat…lol) Today i soooo wanted to use the banner stamps but i wanted to do pink and orange, no other colours would do. Did i have an orange ink pad?…..nope! I was gutted :( So after moping around a while i suddenly realised that i HAD a draw full of Tim holtz ink pads …loads of gorgeous colours! I never even gave a thought to those or even thought of them as ink pads…lol I have only ever used them for distressing stuff and for colouring images, i’ve never stamped with them. So the problem of having a shortage of colours is now solved…lol  So today i have just had fun stampin! Not one piece of dp has been tortured cut/used in the making of these…lol

Altogether i created 2 cards, 2 decorated envelopes and a small envelope for placing money/gift voucher etc inside.

I know that these are not fancy n fussy…lol , but i love them all the same! I love the colours..the fresh clean look…I really enjoyed creating these :)

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SHABBY TEA ROOM

Products used:

Make a wish sentiment stamp – Papertrey

Banner building stamps – Waltzing Mouse

The tag (Die, background stamp and sentiment) – MFT  *purchased from dies to die for*

Ink, black – versafine, pink – SU, orange – Tim holtz

TFL

Shaz xxx

8 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Shaz, this set is GORGEOUS! Wow! I love it! Perfect for the challenge! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT

Sherry said...

I would never have thought of that colour combo, but it does work brilliantly! Love your cards and other bits and pieces, so pretty!

Trees said...

LOVELY cards, I love how you stamped the banners! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

Robin Shakoor said...

Talk about beautiful! I love your projects. They are gorgeous!

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Sharon ... you've done it again! I agree, these projects are not your 'usual' shabby style, but they are stunning! The color combo is perfect and I just love everything about your sweet gift set! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room for our birthday bash :)

José said...

Oh my goodness, this is FABULOUS!!!! I love, love, love it! I am crazy about banners and you did a real fantastic job with them and the color combo. I'm in looooove.
have a great day!
Jose

Sharyn said...

From one Shaz to another....love these. Gorgeous colour combo and such stunning simplicity. Really lovely! Sharyn @ AnAlteredLife.wordpress.com

Janelle said...

Oh, I love these. So, so, so cute! Great colors -- it all just says "party" in a big way!